Wednesday 21 March 2012

Leah's Choice by Emma Miller

Leah's ChoiceRelease Date: 17/04/2012
Publisher: Harlequin
Pages: 224
Target Audience: Adults/Young Adults
Genre: Religious/Romance/Clean Romance

SynopsisWith dreams of marrying an Old Order Amish man, Leah Yoder plans on raising children in the peaceful Delaware community. But when Mennonite missionary Daniel Brown arrives to share his story with their church, Leah is fascinated by him. She spends time with Daniel in a forbidden courtship to learn how she truly feels about him. Before long, Leah has a choice to make. Should she stay with her community…or leave with the man she believes God has placed in her life's path?

My Review: I requested this off Net Galley because I was in the mood for a relatively easy read with a bit of romance (guess I was looking for comfort at the time). What strikes me as weird is that despite being Agnostic myself I could still relate to Leah on some scale and Daniel and whereas to me the choices presented to them would have been simple, to Leah it really wasn't and that came across really well throughout the story.
I admire courage in heroines in whatever story I read, no matter what shape that courage might take and Leah had it in spades. Not to mention her relationship with Daniel had me all gooey inside; I love a good romance, I really really do and I love men who are able to show how they feel. Why bottle it up and not share?

My other reason for loving this so much is, as an avid bookworm, I can't get enough learning new stuff. Reading this was such a fascinating insight into the Amish community and it completely goes against all the usual stereotypes you hear and read about. Absolutely eye-opening.
I think I will even go and hunt down the rest of the series  even though I started with the completely the wrong book, because this was honestly a charming, romantic and such a lovely read.

If you like a bit of romance with originality and you don't rely on explicit sex scenes for a decent romance then give this a try. As someone who has read all types of romance there is something to said for a bit of original, clean non-sex romance. Really really good read.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...