Tuesday 2 October 2012

Sound (Solid #3) by Shelley Workinger


SoundRelease Date: 01/11/12
Publisher: Createspace
Pages: 218
Target Audience: Teens/Young Adults
Genre: Fiction/Sci-fi/Romance/Suspense


Synopsis: Clio Kaid's had one crazy summer.

After learning she was one of a hundred teens who were genetically modified before birth, she and the others departed for "camp" at a classified military site.

Besides discovering her own special ability, uncovering a conspiracy, and capturing a killer, she's also forged new friendships, found love, and managed to lose them both.

With no answers and the end of summer closing in, Clio's terrified of going home more lost than when she arrived.

Will she finally find everything she's been looking for?


My Review:
Wow! I think this wraps up the Solid trilogy perfectly. Though I have to admit that those looking for a cut and dry answer to every question will find themselves at a loss, though for me I found that this series wasn't about knowing everything and this makes it much more realistic as in life we never really get all the answers to everything we face.

What I found particularly fascinating is the difference between the lessons that are learned in this book compared to some others. Often you get the main characters forced to do the right thing even if it hurts people, in this Clio is encouraged to do the opposite in more than one situation. Even when she knows that she should push issues, she slowly learns to back down so as to let things unravel at there own pace. I love a book with a different take on life; there are far too many cliche stories out there.
The fact is people aren't polished and perfect and it's great to see a bunch of characters who mess up as much as your average person.

I loved the chemistry between Clio and Jack and it was great seeing how there relationship developed. It got me thinking...what would it be like to have a clean slate with someone you thought you'd messed up with? I think We'd all love that. For those who have missed Bliss, Miranda and Co they are all back and it was like meeting up with old friends again after a long time apart. I love Bliss to bits and even Miranda got my attention with her softer side in this installment rather than her confronting attitude and I loved seeing her love struck.

The ending really grabbed my attention with it's suddenness and excitement and I read the last few chapters so fast they flew by...but that epilogue! Why? It's killing me and I really want to know what will come of those last few pages. I really really hope I find out at some point because I want to know! *stamps feet like a child*

All in all this has been a fun trilogy with some twists and turns that kept me guessing. The bad guys in this book and the previous ones were always so unsuspecting and I found myself taken by surprise in each book, and it was no different in this one. As much as i'm sure Clio and Co love the excitement I think it'll be nice for her to have some peace and quiet and not be attacked by random nut cases...though I have to admit it would be interesting to find out what happens to them all in the future and have some light shed on that epilogue :)
Brilliant :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...