Friday 9 November 2012

Circle of Light by Jennifer DeLucy

Circle of LightPublication Date: 10/2012
Publisher: Omnific
Pages: 278
Genre: Paranormal Fantasy/Romance
Target Audience: Teens/Young Adults/Adults

SynopsisEmpath and Pathcrosser to the dead, Lillian Hunt has finally come into her own as a Sentient being. All seems well in her brave new world...that is, until a tragic turn sends her tight knit Sentient group on a rescue mission through lore-infested Europe. Their goal is to save the love of Lily's life—vampire Sentient, William Maddox — from both the prejudice of their own society and the dark intentions of ancient vampires. But how will they keep hope alive, even as time runs out?

My Review: Eeeeeek! It's over and now I have to say a sad goodbye Mr Maddox. Who will I fantasize about now?! :( Focusing on the positives though this installment rocked!

There was just the right balance of romance, peril, laughter,  action and creepy evil vamps to make this perfect.

As usual this is a very character centered novel and Lily is a very easy character to relate to. She's funny, emotional, tough and her character is so well written it feels like she reaches out to you from the page so that you can almost  feel what she's feeling. My heart almost tore in two during one certain scene with William (I won't post exactly what as I don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't read it)


Other characters make a re-appearance and it was great to see how well Christian and Nicole were doing as well as meeting all the new characters that were introduced with the visits to London and Ireland. And in addition to all the lovely characters I've grown to love there was also a certain moo-cow introduced that reminded me strongly of someone I know. Seriously, the similarities scared me.  If you can get through this book without hating Judy Lynn then you're stronger than I am.


Though this was a very emotional novel it was not without some pretty funny lighthearted scenes and I will never be able to do a jigsaw puzzle again without thinking of this book and doubling up with laughter.

You will cry, you will laugh you will go awwwwwwww but ultimately you'll reach the end and probably be suffering William Maddox withdrawal symptoms. sniffle. Fantastic end to the series. Whatever Jennifer writes next I will be reading!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...