Tuesday 2 October 2012

The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten #1) by Julie Kagawa


The Lost Prince (The Iron Fey: Call of the Forgotten, #1)Release Date: 02/11/12
Publisher: Harlequin
Pages: 416
Target Audience: Teens/Young Adults
Genre: Faerie/Fantasy/Fiction

Synopsis: Don't look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.That is Ethan Chase's unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he'd dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister's world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.

Review: Loved, loved, loved this! I fan girl screamed when I got approved to review this on Netgalley.  It was great seeing everything from Ethan's perspective and just as great seeing what had become of Meghan and Ash in the years that they've been in the Iron Realm.

The Lost Prince doesn't just revisit the ordinary Fey and the Iron Fey but also draws on the Forgotten Fey that were mentioned in The Iron Knight, something I was very intrigued about at the time. The plot unravels pretty fast and I was reading furiously fast towards the end of the book just to find out what happens.
Ethan proved to be a charming, infuriating, fascinating (and hot) protagonist and when teamed with the 'take no crap' Kenzie, they made a great team and though I did suspect that there was something Kenzie was hiding from the beginning, I was still surprised when I found out what it was. 
I was also left feeling deeply sorry for Ethan with everything he had gone through because of his ability to see the Fey and try as he might to avoid them he ends up smack in the middle of trouble all over again. I also however, admire how resilient he is without ever truly losing touch with his emotions...oddly enough he reminded me of a certain Winter Prince from the Iron Fey series. :)

This review wouldn't be complete if I didn't mention Keirran...if you don't remember the echoes of that name from The Iron Knight from when Ash was being tested then it will certainly mean something to you by the end of the book. As for what he does and what happens to him, I guess that will have to wait until the next book.

Speaking of the end of the book, I was pretty much screaming in frustration that I have to wait ages for the next book.  But hey, I'm sure It'll be worth the wait and I can't wait to find out what happens to everyone. I can't write with much more detail because I don't want to spoil anything. But Iron Fey fans: Go forth and read this when it's released! Also, Grimalkin is in it and Puck!!!!!!!!!!!!




2 comments:

  1. (>_<) I want to read it now !!! I hope I'll win a giveaway for this book, because I live in France and my parents wouldn't let me buy on the Internet (^_^;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Katy you'll love this to bits. Though I too get annoyed with why they can't release books in all countries at the same time. It's the same with the books they release in the states and they take ages to get to the UK. Hope you do win a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...