Wednesday 23 March 2011

Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog

Fairy TaleTarget Audience: Teens/Young Adults
Genre: Faerie/Romance


I'd come across mixed opinions when reading reviews on this book and I was reluctant to start it because of the number of negative reviews I'd read. Which goes to show why you should never ever read reviews and decide not to read a book because this book is really really good :-)

Morgan is 15 and about to celebrate her sweet sixteen along with boyfriend Cam, who she has known forever. Things look set to be perfect and their future as perfect couple is set. That is until, Pip comes to stay and it's revealed that Cam is actually a Faerie King and has to go back to Otherworld on his sixteenth birthday. Determined to keep her boyfriend, Morgan and Cam come up with a plan for him to stay,  but as Cam continues to change Morgan begins to wonder, is it really for the best that he stays?

Fairy Tale is a lot more than a fairy story, it is a beautiful love story as well as a tale of growing up, making difficult choices and making sacrifices for those you love. I had huge respect for Morgan in this book and with the final choice she made, I knew it was going to happen yet I was still surprised when it did.
The story itself was cleverly written and I loved the growing relationship between Pip and Morgan, and the changing relationship between Cam and Morgan. There were a lot of highly amusing moments as well as the emotional and romantic storyline.

Perhaps one of my favourite characters was Pip, he was so selfless and I haven't read about such an innocent and sweet person in a long time. And as the story unfolded, I felt even more for him, and by the time the ending came along I was routing for something good to happen to him.
I won't spoil the ending, but the chemistry between all of the various characters was flawless and beautiful, and the romance had me internally going 'awwwwwwww'

I will say one thing, although it isn't a cliff hanger, it will feel like one. And you'll want to know what happens after. But sadly people, as far as I'm aware, this is a stand alone novel, so you will have to use your imagination.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...