Saturday 30 April 2011

Changeling: Zombie Dawn by Steve Feasey

Target Audience: Teens/Young Adults
Genre: Thriller/Fantasy/Horror


Changeling: Zombie DawnIt's here, the end of one of my favourite series is here and it is AMAZING!  I literally finished this in one day because I could not put it down. It seems like only yesterday when, after a crap day at work I decided to buy myself a book and Changeling was the one that caught my attention.  Five books later and I am so glad I made that choice :-)

I'll give you a brief, spoiler free synopsis to give you an idea what this book is about. If you haven't read the first four yet please don't read this synopsis, go read the first book instead!
Anyway, after the demon games of the previous book, Trey, Alexa, Tom and Lucien are left planning what to do about the evil vampire Caliban and his sorceress; Helde, who have taken over most of the Netherworld and is plotting world domination.
Trey is still coming to terms with the effects of the demon games and his changing relationship with Alexa, and Lucien is also still dealing with the changes he is going through. In the midst of all this, an old friend of Trey's turns up and things take a horrible turn for the worse.

Anyway, that's all I'm summing up! I will tell you though that this book is amazing and well, amazing! Wow! I was left breathless after reading this and ending was superb, I honestly couldn't have asked for a better ending.
As usual the plot was pacey and the twists and turns were amazing. I will say that there are some truly tense moments that will have you on the edge of your seat and some that are extremely moving and very sad.  At the same time, the fact that this is a teenage/young adult book is evident as the gore factor never goes over the top and is written just right, after all, no one wants to be so grossed out they can't finish a book, and the storyline is fantastic so I think Steve has found a perfect meeting in the middle.

And the characters?  All your the favourites are back including Trey, Alexa, Tom, and Lucien as well as a few other characters that we have come to know. Perhaps my favourite two though were Trey and Alexa, there relationship is amazing and I loved how things progressed for them and the way they worked together throughout the novel.
Tom and Lucien were amazing as well, and it was fascinating to learn more about Lucien's abilities and the ways in which he's changing.

In the interests of not spoiling the plot I will stop now and sum up this review by saying that this is a scary, funny, pacey, breathtaking and slightly romantic read and as it is the last in the series I will also say that I loved how it has been brought to a close. I don't know what Steve is writing next, but you can be sure I'll be reading it!
Oh, and also, don't forget the zombies...Lots of ZOMBIES!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...