Wednesday 8 February 2012

Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter

Goddess Interrupted (Goddess Test, #2)Release Date: 27/03/12
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 304
Target Audience: Teens/Young Adults
Genre: Fantasy/Fiction

SynopsisKate Winters has won immortality. 

But if she wants a life in the Underworld with Henry, she’ll have to fight for it. 

Becoming immortal wasn’t supposed to be the easy part. Though Kate is about to be crowned Queen of the Underworld, she’s as isolated as ever. And despite her growing love for Henry, ruler of the Underworld, he’s becoming ever more distant and secretive. Then, in the midst of Kate’s coronation, Henry is abducted by the only being powerful enough to kill him: the King of the Titans. 

As the other gods prepare for a war that could end them all, it is up to Kate to save Henry from the depths of Tartarus. But in order to navigate the endless caverns of the Underworld, Kate must enlist the help of the one person who is the greatest threat to her future. 

Henry’s first wife, Persephone

My Review: I have to thank Net Galley for allowing me to read this book ahead of release and I have to thank Aimee for writing another incredible book (I was very very very impressed!). Not only does the plot, romance, action and characters kick ass; it features one of my favourite character crushes. Henry is simply swoon-worthy!  

I'm going to keep this succinct and spoiler free since it isn't released for a while yet, and I don't want to spoil it for other fans of the Goddess Test books. Simply put, it rocks. Picking up six months after the end of the previous book, Kate is back in the underworld and a little worried since Henry appears to be a bit distant and then all hell breaks loose before she can figure out what's wrong.
The story moves quickly and it was great to be introduced to some new characters, though I wanted to kick a certain someone a few times (you'll see what I mean when you read it)

There were some truly scary parts to this and as someone who has read several books involving the Titans and Greek gods, I have to admit I have never seen a Titan described this way and I was more than impressed with Aimee's inventiveness and originality. It's hard to put an original twist on a age old idea, but she's managed it brilliantly.  
I can't say much more without spoiling things but I will say that when you read this be prepared for a roller-coaster of a novel, filled with fights, laughs, tears, romance and action right through until the end. And OMG, that cliffhanger! I'm sorry but I must say it again...OMG that cliffhanger!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...