Friday 8 March 2013

Florence (Florence Waverley #1) by Ciye Cho

Florence (Florence Waverley, #1)Publicaiton Date: 01/07/12
Pages: 336
Target Audience: Teens/Young Adults
Genre: Fantasy/Romance

SynopsisSeventeen-year-old Florence Waverley is out of her depth. Literally. Kidnapped and taken below the waves to the mer world of Niemela, she is the ultimate gift for merman Prince Kiren: a human familiar tied to his side. But nothing is what it seems amid the beauty and danger of a dark ocean.

Every Niemelan has a role to play, from the mermaids who weave towers out of kelp to the warriors who fight sea monsters. But in trying to survive, Florence will end up in the middle of a war between the mer and the Darkness. A conflict that will push her between two brothers: Kiren, the charmer inexplicably drawn to both her and the monsters; and Rolan, the loner who has been pushing her away since the day they met. But in order to take a stand--and find out where she belongs--Florence will have to risk it all: her life, her heart... and her very soul.


My Review: 

It's taken me a while to write this review because of various personal issues but here goes! I loved this book to bits! I found this to be a rare and wonderful piece of escapism that sucked me in from beginning to end.
As if the story line wasn't enough to draw me in; the descriptions of Niemela and the Mer people made it even better.

Florence was an inspirational character and I felt I could relate to her a lot, It was very easy to imagine how it would feel to be in the background to then be thrown literally in the deep end without any warning (please pardon the terrible sea related pun)

I loved reading about her relationship with Rolan; my personal favourite of the two brothers and I can't wait to see how their relationship progresses in the sequel (something I will most definitely reading, i might add).  

Filled with action, a bit of mystery, romance and one of my favourite mythical creatures of all time I knew this book would be a fantastic read before I even picked it up and I have to thank the author for giving me the chance to read it. I am currently hounding my sister to read it and now I'm harassing everyone reading this to read it too.

If you love your books filled with mer-folk, strong female leads, with a well thought out plot and romance then this is definitely a book for you and I highly recommend reading it. The writing style is fantastic and at no point (I promise you) will you get bored whilst reading this, something that I find is rare in books today.

Anyway, enough rambling. go read!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...