Tuesday 27 September 2011

Enormous Boobs: Stupidest Bloopers and Hilarious Headlines by Richard Benson

Target Audience: Teens/Young Adults/Adults
Genre: Humour/Non-Fiction

Enormous Boobs: Stupidest Bloopers and Hilarious Headlines
This book is funny on so many different levels. Admittedly, it's not the funniest book I've ever read but still it ranks up there pretty high.  I honestly couldn't believe how so many people can write the stupidest things in classified ads, headlines and other such things.
Most of the problems seemed to be down to misplaced comma's and apostrophes, much to my own amusement. The rest of them were a mix of famous people unable to keep there mouths shut and editors not editing their newspapers correctly.

A lot of the jokes would probably go over a young child's head which is why I've recommended it for Teens and Adults as opposed to young children, although having said that, if they have a wicked sense of humour I would not want to deter anyone from reading this, whatever age they may be.

I can't really write much for this without posting great chunks of the book so I'll just say that if you aren't laughing at the first few 'boobs' then I'll be very surprised. And in the meantime when you're writing things don't forget to proof read it ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...