Sunday 8 January 2012

Reckoning by Lilith Saintcrow

Reckoning (Strange Angels, #5)Release Date: 01/11/2011
Publisher: Razorbill
Pages: 307
Target Audience: Teens/Young Adults
Genre: Fantasy/Fiction


Synopsis:
Nobody expected Dru Anderson to survive this long. Not Graves. Not Christophe. Not even Dru. She's battled killer zombies, jealous djamphirs, and bloodthirsty suckers straight out of her worst nightmares. But now that Dru has bloomed into a full-fledged svetocha - rare, beautiful, and toxic to all vampires - the worst is yet to come.
Because getting out alive is going to cost more than she's ever imagined. And in the end, is survival really worth the sacrifice?


My Review:
I'll start by saying that, unlike a few reviews I've read, I love the ending! I loved the fact it was more about Dru than about the boys in the book, as a result the ending was unexpected and left room for more books in the future, even if it does leave you a little surprised.
For the most part, all the ends are tied up and there are some fantastic twists and turns, with some truly heartbreaking moments that had me near tears.


There were some unusual events that crept up sneakily and quite literally made my jaw drop and I was more than impressed with Dru in this book. She's changed so much and it was weird in a sense having her follow her own instincts instead of being told what to do.  
Yes, Graves and Christophe play a big part, but in the end Dru is the one who shines and it was brilliant finding out what made her so different from previous Svetocha. Not anything I would have imagined in any stretch of the imagination.


The big question though is...do we find out what 'Dru' is short for? Well I'm not telling you if you do or not. 
Whether your happy with the ending or not, there is no denying that this is an incredible fantasy/paranormal story that draws on some truly interesting ideas and legends of creepy supernatural beings. I certainly wouldn't want to exist in Dru's world.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...